Terms and Conditions
“CAPGEMINI SUPER TECHIES SHOW” Season 3 (hereinafter referred to as "Show") is organised and conducted by Bennett, Coleman & Company Limited (“BCCL”) in association with Capgemini India Private Limited (“Capgemini”). The Show will be hosted and telecast on BCCL’s English business news channel “ET NOW” on the terms and conditions as stated hereunder (“Terms and Conditions”):
1. Objective of the Show
- The Show endeavors to give a unique opportunity for individuals to apply for participating in the Show (‘Participants’) and be selected as contestants to participate in the Show to demonstrate their skills (‘Shortlisted Contestants’) to compete to win prizes and the title ‘Capgemini Super Techies’ (“Competition”).
- The Shortlisted Contestants will be determined amongst the Participants by Selection Panel appointed by Capgemini and such Shortlisted Contestants shall be required to take part in the Competition to be aired on the Channels. Selection Panel shall comprise of Capgemini experts selected by Capgemini from the relevant field of technology and other members selected by BCCL and Capgemini.
- The winners for the Competition will be determined amongst the Shortlisted Contestants by a selection process, through short listing done on the basis of demonstration of problem comprehension, quality of solution, adapting alternatives and presentation by Shortlisted Contestants.
- This Competition is a contest of skill, where Shortlisted Contestants have to demonstrate abovementioned abilities and present solutions that will be judged by experts whose decision is final, based on criteria that are outlined in these Terms and Conditions and the Rules for the Show.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- Competition and Show may sometimes collectively be referred to herein as the “Show”
- Competition Jury shall comprise of three (2) technology experts:
- one (1) technology leader [i.e. Chief Information Officer (CIO)/ Chief Technology Officer (CTO)] from the organization (selected by Capgemini) presenting the challenge,
- one (1) expert (selected by Capgemini) in the relevant field of technology from the information technology industry
- For the purpose of the Show, Capgemini (and/or its designees) and BCCL (and/or its designees) shall together be referred to as Show Management.
2. Who can participate?
- The Competition is open to
- nationals of India,
- Students of Selected Universities of Netherlands, UK, Sweden and France
- Students of the Selected Universities in 50 United States, the District of Columbia & Canada (excluding Quebec)
(“Territories”) who are currently residing in those Territories.
- “Selected Universities” shall mean the universities where Capgemini shall offer its students to participate in the Show.
- Participants must be above 18 years of age.
- Employees, agents and promoters (including their immediate family members) of BCCL and its affiliates across the globe, Capgemini and its affiliates across the globe, sponsors and partners of the Show (including their immediate family members), their affiliates, subsidiaries, group companies are not eligible to participate in the Show.
- A Participant cannot apply or participate on behalf of another individual / person. Participants must apply as a two (2) member Team as described below.
3. How to participate?
- In order to be eligible to participate:
- Participant should visit the website: www.capgeminisupertechiesshow.com (“Web Page”);
- Participants must apply as a Team of two (2) individuals. Participants have to form a team by inviting another eligible Participant who follows similar process of registration as a Participant. The Participant has to complete the team with his/her partner (each a “Team Participant” and together a “Team”).
- Participant should provide his/her name, valid email id, contact details and correct permanent address and other details as may be required so as to enable Show Management to contact the Participants as maybe required;
- Participant must submit a scanned copy of any one of the following documents as a proof of identity and eligibility
- Voter’s ID
- Driving License
- Social Security details
- Phone/Electricity bill
4. Upon receipt of Valid Entries
- Team Participants whose entries are accepted will be evaluated by the Selection Panel to be selected as Shortlisted Contestants. The evaluation may include short-listing based on any combination of academic records, number of years of relevant professional experience in a field of technology, professional achievements, presentation skills, submission of statement of purpose, series of interviews (i.e. phone interview, personal interview) conducted by the Selection Panel and/or its designees etc. For the purpose of evaluating and selecting 12 Teams (two-person Teams) for the Competition, the Selection Panel will use the information submitted by the Participants at the time of submitting his/her application for the Show and/or any other information requested by the Selection Panel subsequently.
- Participants would be contacted by email or telephone for evaluations referred above.
- The 24 Shortlisted Contestants will be announced on the Web Page and will also be contacted by email and be informed about the schedule of the Competition and event flow.
- The Show Management will, ten (10) days prior to the shoot of the Competition, provide each Team of Shortlisted Contestants with a task (s) to be solved within the time frame intimated to them.
- The Teams have to submit their solution to the Show Management within the stipulated time frame.
- The Competition will have three (3) stages – first stage will comprise of six (6) League episodes, second stage will comprise of three (3) Semifinals episodes and third and final stage will have one (1) Grand Finale episode.
- Each episode will be a competitive event between three (3) Teams of Shortlisted Contestants who have to demonstrate abilities like problem comprehension, quality of solution, adapting alternatives and present solutions that will be judged by Jury whose decision is final. The Jury for the episode will give points to each Team on abovementioned criterion and as per Terms and Conditions and the rules for the Show. The judging criteria mentioned in this clause will apply to all episodes for all stages.
- Out of the six (6) League episodes, the first three (3) League episodes will be classified as ‘Pool A’; the next three (3) League episodes will be classified as ‘Pool B’; and last three (3) League episodes will be classified as ‘Pool C’. Teams of Shortlisted Contestants will be randomly grouped into three (3) pools referred above. The selection of teams at the League episodes shall be at the sole discretion of the Show Management.
- The winning Team of each League episode from ‘Pool A’ will go through to ‘Semifinal 1’. Likewise, the winning Team of each League episode from ‘Pool B’ will go through to ‘Semifinal 2’ and the winning Team of each League episode from ‘Pool C’ will go through to ‘Semifinal 3’. The winning Team shall be the Team which has scored maximum points in the episode, as determined by the Jury.
- The winning Team from each Semifinal episode will go through to the Grand Finale. The winning Team shall be the Team which has scored maximum points in the episode, as determined by the Jury.
- The Teams that qualify for the Semifinals and the Team winning the Grand Finale will be announced on television as per the format of the Competition.
- All Shortlisted Contestants will be required to travel to the locations for the League episodes specified above, as per the details provided by the Show Management.
- All Shortlisted Contestants that have qualified for the Grand Finale will be required to travel to Paris for the shooting of the Grand Finale, unless informed otherwise by the Show Management (details will sent to the semifinalist).
- All reasonable and standard costs directly related to participation in the Competition, including costs for travel (excluding cost of traveling to the Participant’s departure airport), visa, accommodation for the Teams during the entire duration of the Competition shall be borne by the Show Management. In no circumstances would the Show Management be responsible for costs (including but not limited to) associated to meals, insurance, medical costs, tips, cost of travel to airport; wardrobe, loss or theft of any belongings for Shortlisted Contestants etc.
- The selection of the winning Team in the Grand Finale will be subject to the sole discretion and approval of the Jury and the Show Management.
- The Team winning the Grand Finale Round will be awarded with the title of 'Capgemini Super Techies' and a prize money of USD 25,000/-. The prize money will be paid by electronic fund transfer to the bank accounts of the Winning Team Participants and would be subject to applicable tax deduction. The prize money will be paid in the local currency of the country from which the winning team comes and local country tax laws as applicable. The Team Participants shall bear tax (in whatsoever form) applicable on the prize money.
- For claiming the prize money, the winning Team Participants would need to submit documents required by the Show Management (if even these were submitted earlier).
- Prize money for the winning Team will be distributed only by Show Management.
- The prize money will be awarded to the winning Team pursuant to verification of relevant documents referred above and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The prize money will be equally distributed between the Team Participants (subject to applicable tax deductions).
- If any Team Participant is disqualified by the Show Management for any reason, such as being found ineligible or failing to comply with these Terms and Conditions, then the Team will be disqualified and the next eligible Team will replace the disqualified Team for the next round or to receive the prize money and the title ‘Capgemini Super Techies’, as the case may be, by following the aforementioned procedure. The Show Management and/or its designees will use commercially reasonable efforts to contact such next eligible Team, but will not be responsible or liable in any way whatsoever if the Team Participants cannot be contacted or if the Participant or Team Participants fails to respond within 3 days of being contacted by the Show Management.
- The Show Management may refuse to pay the prize money or reclaim / recover the prize money awarded to the winning Team in the event any of the Team Participants are found to be involved in any form of fraud, misrepresentation, dishonesty or non-entitlement to participate in the Show under these Terms and Conditions.
- Prize money and winning title is not transferable, assignable or exchangeable and only the winning Team and no other person, representative or agent may claim the same.
- The Show Management has the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of equal value, as determined by Show Management in its sole discretion.
6. General Terms & Conditions
- All applications must be accurate and complete to be eligible for evaluation. All mandatory fields of the application form need to be complete in all respects; else it may be disqualified from participation.
- Last date for receiving completed application forms is 18:00 hrs local time on 30th June 2014 for India, Netherlands & United States nationals and 25th June 2014 on 18:00 local time for UK and 8th June 2014 18:00 hrs local time for Sweden participants.
- Any application submitted after the date and time specified above would not be accepted.
- The Show will be conducted in English.
- If at any time, any information provided by any Participant is found to be incorrect or incomplete in any manner, then Show Management reserves the right to disqualify such Participant from the Show including the rights to take appropriate legal action.
- Disqualification of entries is at the sole discretion of Show Management, on a case by case basis.
- Participants may be contacted for any additional information or / and conduct field visit to verify the information provided. In the event it is not possible to contact any Participants to obtain information from them, interview them, etc. such Participant and the corresponding Team will be disqualified from further participation.
- Participants understand and agree that merely submitting an application for the Competition does not entitle the Participant to participate in the Show and/or win prizes or to any other form of consideration. Participants must comply with all these Terms and Conditions, and must qualify in accordance with such Terms and Conditions at each stage of the Competition.
- The Show Management has the right to ask for documentary proof of information provided. If such a request is made and the Participant does not comply within five (5) days from the date the request is made, the Participant may be disqualified from participation in the Show.
- Participants warrants and represents to the Show Management BCCL and Capgemini that all information including any communications, software, photos, text, video, graphics, music, sounds, images and other material submitted by the Participant for the Competition (“Content”) are solely owned by the Participant or are provided with the express authority of the applicable owner(s) and the use of the Content by the Show Management BCCL and/or Capgemini will not infringe upon any other individual or organizational rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights). Participants shall be completely responsible for handling any infringement or alleged infringement and shall indemnify the Show Management, BCCL, Capgemini, or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents, from any claims (in India or abroad), arising out of or in connection with losses, costs, damages, expenses from infringement or alleged infringement by any Content, or the defense of a claim or any costs payable thereof.
- In consideration for participating in the Competition, the Intellectual Property Rights (IPR, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, design, patent, etc) arising out of and in connection with Show including but not limited to any communications, software, photos, text, video, graphics, music, sounds, images, particulars, solutions, documents, designs, grids, formulas, presentations the performance of the Team Participants and other material created by any Team Participant during the call for entries and/or during the course of the Show (‘Material’) shall be a work for hire owned by Capgemini and/or its assigns and if not deemed a work for hire shall hereby be assigned upon creation to Capgemini, without any further documentation and Capgemini is hereby permitted to use it as per its sole discretion and without any further reference, permission or consent from the Participant or Team or BCCL. Participants hereby assign any and all rights Participants may have or acquire in the Material and all benefits and/or rights resulting therefrom to Capgemini without additional compensation. Participants hereby agree to execute such assignments and other documents as Capgemini may consider appropriate to vest all right, title and interest therein to Capgemini. All such assignment of rights shall be perpetual, irrevocable, universal and shall not lapse, even if Capgemini fails at any time to commercially exploit any such Material. Any assignment of copyright hereunder includes all rights of paternity, integrity, disclosure and withdrawal and any other rights that may be known as or referred to as 'moral rights' (collectively 'Moral Rights'). For avoidance of doubt BCCL/Capgemini and Show Management wish to clarify that, any and all kind of developments, Material, creations, created or provided or developed by the Participant or the Participant Team during the call for entries and/or during the course of the Show shall be solely and exclusively owned by Capgemini.
- The Participants by submitting an entry for the Competition, automatically grants Show Management, BCCL and Capgemini a royalty-free, irrevocable, universal, transferable, non-exclusive right and license to use and display such entry for participation, and the Show, and any intellectual property rights in the Content and in relation to and arising out of such participation in the Show and images or footage thereof which shall include trade publications, press releases, electronic posting to the Web Page, or any other website, “ET NOW” web site, ET NOW TV channel, electronic hyperlinks to the Web Page, and any display format selected by BCCL and/ or Capgemini during the Show or use by BCCL and/ or Capgemini as they deem fit and mutually agreed between them, without any further documentation, permission or consent of the Participants. For avoidance of doubt BCCL/Capgemini and Show Management wish to clarify that though the Show Management and BCCL have a license to use and display such entry for participation, and the Show, and any intellectual property rights in the Content and in relation to and arising out of such participation in the Show (as stated in detail above) the intellectual property rights in the Materials and any developments, creations supplementary and ancillary thereto shall always be owned by Capgemini.
- By entering into the Show and/or accepting the prizes, the Teams (collectively) and Team Participants (individually) waives all copyrights, rights of publicity and any related rights and consents to BCCL and/or Capgemini’s right to picture, tape or portray him/her as a Show winner, and to exhibit this material in any and all media now existing or hereinafter created, including without limitation television, film, radio and print media, without any compensation whatsoever for advertising and publicity purposes, except where prohibited by law. The Winning Team also consents to BCCL and/or Capgemini’s right to use Participants (his/her name), voice or picture, or the content of his/her Entry (collectively, the “Publicity Rights”). BCCL/Capgemini can allow to its agencies to exercise/exploit the Publicity Rights in conjunction with BCCL/Capgemini.
- Participants agree to participate in the Competition and the Show at their own will and the Show Management, BCCL and/or Capgemini are not in any way obligated or liable for any loss or costs that the Participants may suffer or incur and nothing is payable to the Participants for participating in the Competition or the Show or the events following the Show broadcast.
- The Show Management, BCCL and/or Capgemini cannot and shall not be accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Show. Further, neither the Show Management, BCCL, Capgemini nor its contractors will be held responsible for matters out of its control and for force majeure reasons.
- Efforts will be made to adhere to the defined timelines. However, the defined timelines are subject to change based on circumstances. It is expressly provided that Show Management reserves the right to change the dates and timelines at its sole discretion.
- The Show Management reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, withdraw or amend or add to these Terms and Conditions or the rules / format of the Show at any time, with prospective or retrospective effect, and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any Participant may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Show, the Show being withdrawn or the Terms and Conditions or rules / format being amended.
- In the event any Team and/or Team Participant (including winning Team) is found to be in violation of any rules of the Show or is found to be involved in any form of fraud, misrepresentation, dishonesty during the Show, the Show Management reserves the right to initiate legal proceedings against such Team / Team Participant and take any other action in its sole discretion including but not limited to recovering the prize money or any expenses it may have incurred towards that Participant.
- Show Management has the right to amend (add, delete or modify) the Terms and Condition governing the Show, prospectively or retrospectively, at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
- All information provided in connection with the Show is provided "as- is" without warranty of any kind. Show Management makes no representations and disclaims all express, implied, and statutory warranties of any kind to the Participant and/or any third party including, without limitation, warranties as to accuracy, timelines, completeness, or fitness for any particular purpose.
- The fair market value of all prizes will be reported to the appropriate taxing jurisdiction as required by law. Any withholding requirements will be complied with. Taxation of any proceeds should be discussed with your tax advisor. Taxes on the prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. If a US resident an IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the name of the winners for the value of the prize awarded.
- The Show shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws in India. All matters with respect to the Show are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Mumbai.
- The Participant and their successors-in-interest hereby shall hold harmless and indemnify the Show Management, BCCL, Capgemini, and their respective employees, officers, contractors, partners or other persons used by them in relation to this Show and hold them harmless against any loss, claim, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability (including legal costs) arising out of or in connection with any or all claims, that may be brought against BCCL, Capgemini, Show Management, or by any third party in connection with the Participant’s/ participation in the Show, winning the Competition, or awarding or the use or misuse of any prize and shall reimburse BCCL, Capgemini, and/or the Show Management for any loss, costs, expense, or damage to which said indemnity applies. BCCL, Capgemini and/or Show Management (as the case maybe) shall give the Participant written notice of any claim or actions covered by this indemnity, and Participant shall have the right, at its own expense, to participate in any such action.
- Any conflict within various provisions of these Terms and Conditions and interpretation of these Terms and Conditions will be done by the Jury (for determining the winner or any connected issues) or Show Management (for all other issues). The decision of the Jury shall be final and binding.
- If Participants are unclear as to the Terms and Conditions or any element of the Show or have any queries/concerns pertaining to the Show, they can write in with their questions, concerns or queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show Management has no obligation to screen an application or any information contained therein in advance, and is not responsible for monitoring applications, to prevent violation of intellectual property ownership rights, or violations of any law, rule or regulation. If Show Management is notified of submissions or materials that allegedly do not conform to these Terms and Conditions, it may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to reject an application from the Show. The Show Management has no liability or responsibility to Participants or other users of the Web Page for performance or non-performance of the Web Page.
- The Web Page and online entry form are provided on an "as-is" basis without any warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, BCCL, Capgemini and the Show Management disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement in respect of the awards, website, online entry form. Without limiting the foregoing, BCCL, Capgemini and the Show Management specifically disclaim any warranty (a) that the Web Page, online entry form will be uninterrupted or error-free, (b) that defects will be corrected, (c) that there are no viruses or other harmful components that exist on the Web Site, online entry form (d) regarding the security of information submitted, and (e) regarding correctness, accuracy, or reliability. If Participant's use of the Web Site, online entry form results in the need for servicing or replacement of Participant's or another's equipment or data, BCCL, Capgemini and the Show Management are not responsible for those costs.
9. Limitation of Liability and Remedies
- The Show Management reserves the right, in its sole discretion, at any time and at any stage of the judging process, to reject or disqualify any Participant or application that is deemed ineligible or for any reason that the Show Management feels is necessary and/or appropriate, including without limitation, if that Participant has not complied with these Terms and Conditions or the rules of the Show, the Show Management determines he/she is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Show by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Participants or the Show Management, the Selection Panel, Jury or has interfered, in Show Management’s sole opinion, with the proper conduct of the Show.
- The participation in the Show implies unconditional acceptance of all these Terms and Conditions and rules of the Show by the Participant.
- The decision of BCCL, Capgemini and the Show Management as to the interpretation of any of these Terms and Conditions and Rules of the Show shall be final and binding on the Show applicants.
*The Reserve Bank of India international currency exchange rate as of 23rd May 2014 launch date of the show shall be taken into consideration while paying out the prize money.